PEX8IX, PCI EXPRESS X8 Bus Isolation Extender
is a PCI Express X8 Bus Isolation Extender that allows user to
test the PCI add-on boards quickly without having to power the system down each
time. It is especially designed to save valuable labor and time in production
testing environment. It is also a great tool for engineers during product
development while many changes and testing are required. It provides total power
and signal isolation between the motherboard and the board under test. It can be
controlled manually by an on-board toggle switch or by external TTL signals.
Besides saving time for testing, it also protects the motherboard from damages
that can be caused by bad I/O boards under test. The PEX8IX is designed with
many years of field experience and real user suggested features. It is built
with quality materials and state of the art components. The PEX8IX is made in
- Total power and signal isolation.
- No disturbance to the system bus during bus isolation and reconnection.
- Less than 350ps signal delay (isolation buffer + trace delay).
- Matched impedance differential signal pairs with identical trace lengths.
- Minimum voltage drop.
- Single switch operation or external TTL control signals.
- Allows external power input for voltage margin test.
- Over voltage and over current protection on all three powers.
- Pluggable fuse sockets allowing easy replacement of the fuses and allowing
current measurement using an ampere meter.
- Short circuit sensing on +3.3V, +3.3_AUX and +12V with auto power shut
- System power and isolated power, green LED indicators.
- Reset pulse generation to Unit Under Test (UUT) during power on.
- Flashing operating status, red LED indicator.
- Dual speaker tones for normal operation and auto shut down mode.
- Supports adapter board present_detect.
- Supports X8, X4 and X1 operations.
- Extender connector offset allowing insertion of user adapter board with
- Test Points for jumper select or Auto rotating voltage monitoring.
- Supports standby operation with 3.3V_AUX and Wake signal bypass.
- Supports low cost wearout extender.
- Quality multilayer construction.
- Bus: PCI Express X8 bus.
- Power: +3.3V with 4.0 amp slow blow plug fuse; +3.3V_AUX with
1.6 amp slow blow plug fuse; +12V with 4.0 amp slow blow plug fuse; Plus
short circuit sensing logic on +3.3V, +3.3_AUX and +12V.
- Control: Single on-board toggle switch or external TTL controls.
- Signal Delay: Approximately 350 picosecond (150 picosecond max.
through the buffer).
- Mounting: Slot offset bracket..
- Environment: 0-60 degree C (operating and storage).
- Dimension: Length 7.1 inches, Height 2.3 inches, Width 0.6 inches
(Dimension not including the mounting bracket).
A Time and Labor Cost Saver...............Order Now, and Speed Your Products to Market !
Copyright ©2002 PMASIA.com Your Business Connection in Asia